This seems to be everyone’s dream. BUT…
How do you define a well balanced life?
“A Jan Campbell , Nursing, answered. When you are living with balance in your life, you are living with peace and harmony every day. Balance comes in physical forms, emotional forms, and a spiritual form. … For me, having a balanced life means creating time for the things I have to do, as well as the things I like to do.”
I agree with her definition and at the same would like to add that a well balanced life is a life not without stress or challenges rather it is a life that is manageable. Life that still allows you to do the things you “need” to do or the things that makes you happy as a unique individual.
Work life balance is important. In today’s society, I think it started to be more of a major concern than ever before. Some companies starts to provide more benefits now to their employees such as free gym and birthday leaves. Birthday leave may not be important for some, but it is part of the work balance goal as some becomes too focus about their work to the point that they can no longer find time to take a pause, and celebrate the beauty of life.
People have their unique goals but if for example the work is too stressful that even taking a leave is almost next to impossible or going home at exactly at the end of your shift becomes a burden because the workload demands you to stay and if the stress is too much that even your persona life is already being affected, then that’s a wake up call.
Everyone has their own personal life apart from work. It will be very sad to miss out a lot of major life events because of work and the worst case? Ruining family time which later on lead to broken families or maybe ruined family relationships.
A career is only a part of an individual’s success and will not be the primary definition of his existence. One must not allow career to take over his whole life and while in the end failing to do the things that he ones personally dreamed of.
Quitting a job is difficult in nature so it is very normal to spend a lot of days or even weeks in decision making. Career or goal oriented individuals will always be somehow indecisive because of opportunities that can be missed or lost upon quitting the job but money or position can never buy the “real” happiness. Right? To help you decide and weigh your options, you may want to consider the ff. questions:
1. Is the job still worth it?
2. Does it hinder you from being happy? Does it hinder your from spending time for the things you want to do, people you want to be with or other goals that will make you enjoy life and be more of a happy person? Because it demands more than 8 hrs of your day?
3. Does it allow you to spend enough time for your self? Can you still do a self reflection or real pampering once in a while or you are too busy to even think about that?
4. Does it allow you to grow as an individual and not just merely be focused on career and financial status?
5. Does it ever make you lose your self respect or slowly losing it? Is the environment good enough to stay? Despite the pressure in your work place, do you still feel that your value as human is still being considered?
Those are some of the questions to consider. Career is important, I myself, believe on that but never forget that you are not created just for this. You deserve a successful life that does not just evolve in your career. Give LIFE to your life. It’s not easy but it will always be worth it. 🙂